Mizan Jahangian

Mizan traveled to Lebanon to improve his family’s living conditions. On August 4, 2020, he left work to a flat in Gemmayze he shared with a few of his friends, but the explosion completely destroyed the apartment and killed him. His employer rushed to the rescue, but Mizan had already lost his life. His body was sent to his home country.

Rashed Hafizur

Rashed traveled to Lebanon to improve his family’s living conditions, and he was very happy he found a job as a cleaner at a restaurant in Gemmayze. On August 4, 2020, he was at work when the explosion happened. He went outside to check what happened, but a glass panel collapsed over his body causing multiple physical injuries. Rashed was evacuated to the hospital, but he died shortly afterward.

Rassil Massoud Mia

Rassil joined his brother Sadek in Lebanon and worked with him at a gas station close to the port of Beirut. On August 4, 2020, when the fire erupted at the port of Beirut, the station’s workers saw the black smoke, and Rassil was scared. A few seconds later, the explosion happened, and it pushed him off the ground. He succumbed to his wounds a little while later.

Rizol Mounir Sikda

Rizol arrived in Lebanon in 2010 to support his family and worked with his cousin at a gas station in Mar Mkhayel. On August 4, 2020, he had just finished his shift when he saw black smoke coming from the port of Beirut. A few seconds later the explosion happened, and he was hit on the head with a pole. Rizol bled to death.

Mehdi Hassan Roni

Just like many other Bangladeshi, Mehdi moved to Lebanon for work to improve his family’s social and economic conditions. He worked as a bagger at Spinneys, and as he was putting clients’ groceries in shopping bags, warehouse number 12 at the port of Beirut exploded and a huge glass panel was broken over his head, killing him instantly. His dead body was transferred to Bangladesh where he was buried.

Jamal Dod Miah

In 2016, Jamal arrived in Lebanon seeking a better life. He worked at Pizzanini in Gemayze; on August 4, 2020, he was at the restaurant when the explosion happened. He was injured and evacuated to the hospital where he underwent multiple surgeries to save his life. He unfortunately died on August 25, succumbing to his wounds.